More than 12,000 incidents of cybercrime were reported in 2016, but nearly the same number of such crimes carried forward from the previous years had not been investigated, the data released by the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) said.
Virtual currency Bitcoin soared to an all-time high above $10,000 on Tuesday on some smaller exchanges and digital currency indexes, but remained just below that milestone in major trading platforms such as Luxembourg-based BitStamp.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday recalled the speedy evolution of cyber space from the bulky mainframe computers to hand-held smartphones and gadgets of today.
The Government of India will assist Mauritius to develop and set up digital locker services, a top official said on Thursday.
Twitter on Tuesday announced that it is doubling its character limit to 280 for all languages except Japanese, Chinese and Korean. In an official blog post, the company announced that the feature is being availed by a small group of people for testing.
Tech giant Google on Thursday said that it has signed an agreement with HTC to buy part of the Taiwanese company’s smartphone business for $ 1.1 billion.
Tech giant Google is slated to unveil a digital payment service in India next week that has been developed for the local market, according to industry sources.
Engineering design services major Cyient Ltd. has decided to divest the 49% equity it holds in Infotech Aerospace Services Inc. (IASI) to Pratt & Whitney, which already holds the remaining 51%.
Google on Wednesday unveiled several updates to its Translate App in an effort to bring down language barriers.
Controversy-hit Infosys must quickly re-articulate its vision for continued growth and investments in providing differentiated services, according to Jessie Paul, founder and CEO, Paul Writer, a marketing advisory outfit. This is essential to protect the brand image of the company, she added.